Mr Shaun Hardcastle
Mr Hardcastle has over 10 years’ experience as a corporate and finance lawyer and extensive experience in corporate governance, risk management and compliance. He has been involved in a broad range of cross-border and domestic transactions including joint ventures, corporate restructuring, project finance, resources and asset/equity sales and acquisitions. Mr Hardcastle has practiced law both in Australia and overseas and is a partner at Bellanhouse Lawyers. Shaun is currently a non-executive director of ASX listed companies Hawkstone Mining Limited (ASX: HWK) and Schrole Group Limited (ASX: SCL).
Mr Scott Patrizi
Scott is a corporate finance professional having been previously employed with Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Perth. Scott holds a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Western Australia. During his time at Deloitte, Scott worked across a range of industries including mining, oil and gas, healthcare, education and private equity providing merger and acquisition, valuation and due diligence services.
Prior to Deloitte, Scott worked for Argonaut Limited, a full service advisory, stockbroking & research and investment house focussed on clients in the natural resources sector, where he gained significant equity capital market experience.
Mr David Scoggin
Mr Scoggin is a native of Santa Barbara, California and received his Bachelor of Arts from Princeton University, majoring in international relations and finance. He started his career in Tokyo and Hong Kong working as a proprietary trader for both Credit Agricole Indosuez and ING Barings. In 2000, he relocated to Australia where he started a 12 year period as a portfolio manager/senior trader managing hedge funds for Susquehanna International Group and Evolution Financial Group. He specializes in risk assessment, mergers and acquisition analysis, and has held several corporate advisory roles.
Ms Oonagh Malone
Ms Malone is a principal of a corporate advisory firm which provides company secretarial and administrative services. She has over 8 years’ experience in administrative and company secretarial roles for listed companies and is a member of the Governance Institute of Australia. She currently acts as company secretary for ASX-listed Boss Resources Ltd, Carbine Resources, Hawkstone Mining Limited, Matador Mining Limited, New Century Resources Limited and Primary Gold Limited. Ms Malone is a non-executive director of Hawkstone Mining Limited.
The primary responsibility of the Board is to represent and advance shareholders interests and to protect the interests of stakeholders. To fulfil this role the Board is responsible for the overall corporate governance of the Company including its strategic direction, establishing goals for management and monitoring the achievement of these goals.
The responsibilities of the Board include:
- Protection and enhancement of shareholder value.
- Formulation, review and approval of the objectives and strategic direction of the Company.
- Monitoring the financial performance of the Company by reviewing and approving budgets and monitoring results.
- Approving all significant business transactions including acquisitions, divestments and capital expenditure.
- Ensuring the adequate internal control systems and procedures exist and that compliance with these systems and procedures is maintained.
- The identification of significant business risks and ensuring that such risks are adequately managed.
- The review of performance and remuneration of executive directors and key staff.
- The establishment and maintenance of appropriate ethical standards.
- Evaluating and, where appropriate adopting, with or without modification, the ASX Corporate Governance Council’s Principals of Good Corporate Governance and Best Practice Recommendations.